Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rebirth of the Ether Project

I've been putting into use some of the things we covered in CSE 111, "Object-Oriented Software Design," organizing a hobby project I'm working on. How much will it help? No idea. But I can say that I already have a clearer picture of what needs to be done, and of the overall architecture of the system.

Said project is a Java-based framework for role-playing games. The target is "classic" style RPGs, like the Final Fantasy series, but I believe it could be used for the more open-ended types as well. I'm mostly doing it for my own use, and for the experience, but I'll release it if there's any interest. I'm designing and documenting it as if I were going to, so I might as well, right?

I'll post more info when the preliminary design is completed.

No comments: